Connecting the router to the devices using WPS
It is quite essential to connect your router to the computer before you can proceed with the configuration. There are several methods of connecting your router to the computer. They are as under.
- WPS connection mode
- Ethernet mode of connection
- Connecting the router via Wi-Fi
WPS mode- We will discuss the connection method via the WPS button provided on the hardware of the router. The WPS button is a small button placed on the back side of the router. The user just needs to press that button and at the same instance of time, try to click the WPS tab on your PC in the Network and sharing center. This process will establish a secure and safe connection between the router and the device.
However, the user still needs to configure the router to the new settings in order to be able to use the internet and other networking options. The user can follow the configuration guide provided above in this article. The user just needs to log in to the router portal through the link http://tplinkwifi.net and follow the on-screen instructions to configure the router easily.
Pros of the WPS method–
- The biggest advantage of this method of connection is that it is the quickest way of connecting your router to the device.
- The WPS mode of connection doesn’t require any extra knowledge or experience of setting up a router. The user simply has to press the WPS button on both the devices.
- WPS, as the name suggests, is the Wi-Fi protected setup that is quite safe and secure to use. The user doesn’t need to worry about the security of their information on the router.
Cons of the WPS method-
- The main reason due to which people avoid this method is that they don’t match the frequency of pressing the WPS button on both the devices simultaneously. Users usually lag behind while pressing the WPS button.
- It is not necessary that the whole configuration and internet set up will be done by just pressing the button. Only in some of the modems or routers, the WPS button provides the configuration also.