The TP-link routers need to be configured before we can use them and in order to use the routers, we need to configure them first. Follow the below mention setup guide for configuring the router.
- Open the router contents from its packaging and assemble all the important components like cords and power supply.
- Now, connect the Ethernet cord to the WAN port of the router and similarly, the other end of the cable should be inserted into the device. Make sure the connections are done properly.
- Switch on the power supply of the router and wait for the lights on the display panel of the router to turn stable or solid green.
- Assuming that you are connected to the network, open the web browser and enter the web address www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar. Hit enter key.
- The next page can be accessed by authenticating the page with a username and the password. The default values for the username and password is “admin” and “password”. Both the values are case sensitive.
- Now look out for the WLAN tab and then select the connection type. There will be many connections like PPPoE and L2TP etc. Select the PPPoE connection type.
- Now fill in all the user details that are provided by your DSL internet providers.
- Follow the rest of the instructions carefully described in the TP-Link setup guide and your router will be configured in no time.
- Click Apply and Save changes tab and then reboot your router to write the new configuration settings on it.
You are now ready to use your router for the wireless network.